Only 10 more days!

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Dusty in CT
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Only 10 more days!

Post by Dusty in CT »

Will be in MG on June 14. Anyone reports on trail conditions. How much snow? Looking to do at least parts of Piegan, Iceberg, Ptarmigan, Grinnell, Swift Current. Had some success last year June 3-12 but was stopped short on a few. When does the Ptarmigan Tunnel generally open? Praying for good weather!!
Ref

Post by Ref »

You may be able to do portions of the hikes you've chosen, but I think it's doubtful you'll be able to complete them, even with the high temps they've had this season. But we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Ptarmigan Tunnel opening is set for July 7, according to the trail status board at:

http://www.nps.gov/glac/activities/trails.htm

Hockey Ref
Dusty in CT
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Thanks Hockey Ref

Post by Dusty in CT »

With all the warm weather, I was hoping for good news on the trails. BTW, I really enjoyed your pix. We really wanted to do the "Hockey Ref" hike, so I've been hoping the warm weather holds on and keeps melting snow. 9 more days...
Ref

Post by Ref »

Glad you enjoyed the pix. Like I said before, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you on the hikes.

Hockey Ref

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”