Okay, I have decided ...Please read!

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Okay, I have decided ...Please read!

Post by daveparker »

I have wrestled with the idea of adding advertising to the chat system or just going with a donation system, and after a long hard thought process, I have decided to keep the chat page as clean as possible, without ad's, but I do have costs that I put out each month to keep this going, so I have decided to go with a donation system.

So if your so inclined, there is a donation link included in this message, DO NOT FEEL pressure to donate, I would never want that, and if you don't, you will be able to enjoy all the chat system as you have in the past, there is no obligation to donate at all!

But if you do, you will have my thanks to help keep this system up, and no don't worry, it is not going anywhere at all, the chat system will be here as long as I am kicking around.

Thanks all, you are a great group of people and I really look forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

I use a paypal processing system, you do not have to have a paypal account. and there is no minimum, anything is appriciated, the link to donate is:

http://www.glacierparkchat.com/donations.html

Please don't feel any obligation at all! This is a purely voluntary choice!

Dave
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Ear Mountain »

Dave,
Thanks so much for providing this board. I've had a great time so far sharing info with others who are just as fanatical as I am about Glacier. I look forward to actually meeting folks whom I've been "talking" to. My contribution is, as they say, in the mail, cybermail that is.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
Dan F
Donator
Donator

Post by Dan F »

glad to contribute really enjoy this chat and gnp let me know when you need another donation
Jen

Post by Jen »

Happy to contribute. Thanks for your time and efforts.
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by Ear Mountain »

Hey, the star is cool.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
B2Randolph
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by B2Randolph »

This is the least I can do for all the pleasure I get from this site - since I haven't been to Glacier for several years, this at least whets my appetite!

Thanks for everything, Dave!
Blankenship Ed
Donator
Donator

Problem making a donation

Post by Blankenship Ed »

Dave: I clicked on the link but it doesn't seem to be working. It states "Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.

Item Unit Price Qty Total
Glacier Park Chat System "
but there is no where to click to make the donation. I'm kind of computer illiterate. Am I doing something wrong? I want to donate but am not able. Thanks for this website. Long time lurker, Ed
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

Hi Ed,

And thank you, just put the amount you wish to donate in the box, click the update totals and you will be shown how much you wish to donate, then either log into your paypal account, if you don't have an account, there is a link on the left hand side about the little credit card icons that says click here if you don't have a paypal account and that will take you to a screen that gives you an option of using a credit card or checking account and a place to enter your information.

Let me know if you need any more help

Dave
J.Peter
Donator
Donator

Site maintenance

Post by J.Peter »

Dave,
Thanks for all your work on this site. I have learned a great deal from all the folks. I have been visiting the park every year for the last 20 or so.
The check is in cyberspace.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Re: Okay, I have decided ...Please read!

Post by daveparker »

I wanted to let you all know, if you have made a donation, and your status has not been updated to that of a Donator, please send me a note, with your username so I can make sure an update your status to reflect that you have donated to the upkeep of the system.

Thanks again, everybody, I can honestly say, this group is amazing..

Dave Parker
Ed35
Donator
Donator

Post by Ed35 »

Dave, its been a while since I have been able to frequent here but I am forever thankful of the good advice you have given here and on the Yellowstone sites that have helped me and my family. I sent a donation on paypal so email me if it doesn't get there. Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and yours and maybe we will catch up one of these years! Let me know if I can return the favor if you are ever passing through Richmond, VA! Ed
john928
Donator
Donator

Post by john928 »

Excellent site with great people and advice. Happy to donate.
---------------------
John
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try."
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

Hi Everybody,

Just another note, to say, thanks for all of the support, if you have donated and don't have a star by your name as a donator , please let me know through email or PM what your email address on your donation was as well as the username you use on this system, so I can match them up and make the change of status, sometimes it is hard to match everything up, due to the fact that the email for the donation, may be different than the email in the system, and I still have not got a handled on every bodies name = username.

Thanks again..

Dave & Deb
Talusman
Donator
Donator

Post by Talusman »

Dave Is there some way to donate without putting my personal information in the hands of paypal or others I do not know? Maybe a check? How can I do this?
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

Talusman wrote:Dave Is there some way to donate without putting my personal information in the hands of paypal or others I do not know? Maybe a check? How can I do this?
Hi Talusman,

Sure a check would be fine, if your so inclined...

Our address is"

Dave Parker
P.O. Box 10591
Kalispell, MT 59904
406-752-8677

Although, I have been doing business with paypal for over 5 years now and have never had a problem, but it your more comfortable sending a check, that is not a problem.

Thanks.

Dave

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”