Rebuilding Sperry Chalet

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

PeteE
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Rebuilding Sperry Chalet

Post by PeteE »

A couple suggestions to make life easier when staying in the chalets--works for tent camping too.
Carry a headlamp that has a "red lens". Plenty of light to get around without disturbing others like a "white" light does.

Due to a medical condition, I carry a 1 liter wide mouth bottle(well labeled :) ) to eliminate having to walk to the outhouse multiple times a night.
Obviously this works best for guys, but I know that some women can use this method as well.
And last, you gotta have an accommodating/understanding room mate---if that applies 8)

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

brindledog wrote:Lyman,
Someone, somewhere is saying, "I hope the lighting on the 2nd floor is better because one year, this complete stranger came in my room because he couldn't see his door!" :D
Yes I think I have had problems twice in the 2nd floor hallway of the old Chalet, both during the daytime. Those hallways were pitch black and you couldn't see the doors to the rooms very well at all. At least at night I would carry a flashlight and could see fine.

One afternoon I walked into the wrong room but it fortunately it was unoccupied. I looked around and thought: "Gee, they rearranged the furniture in our room!" before realizing my mistake.

The other incident was when I walked into an occupied room. Fortunately nothing embarrassing was going on and the room's occupants were most gracious in dealing with a confused and uninvited stranger.

Lyman
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by teapot57 »

Too funny, Lyman! I have memories of feeling my way along the walls to find my door at the end of the hall. Never walked into the wrong room though. :D

One time shortly after arriving, my group was talking while settling into our room. We didn't realize how thin the walls were until the person next door chimed in on our conversation.
Bruce
Donator
Donator

Post by Bruce »

Brindledog - thanks so much for those photos.

Just so dang happy to hear Miss Sperry has been rebuilt. Doin' my happy dance! Hope to see some of my old pals out there this year.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Jay w

Post by Jay w »

Bruuucce!!
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
ptguard
Donator
Donator

Post by ptguard »

just saw sperry updated 2020 opening for july 17th. cost is now $400 for a couple in one room ($237 1st person, $139 2nd person). I was anticipating an early july opening & now can't get my dates to line up with current MGH reservations. going to wait until spring to decide what to do but may have some MGH reservations in case someone needs 4 nights 7/3-7/7.
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female

Post by calicotraveler »

Wonderful! So glad to see they have made so much progress rebuilding the chalet.
Tough work!
The mountains are calling and I must go.

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”